Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Alpha Blast by Marco Dessi

I just discovered sandblast... It's not like I haven't heard it before, but I never realized how easy is the process and how many things you can do with sandblast. Looking through this article about a Mouthblown glass designed in 1952 by Hans Harald Rath and redesigned thanks to a really easy sandblasting technique on its surface, really opened my mind to a whole new set of possibilities. The designer of the reinterpretation is Marco Dessi. You can just check in the pictures the whole process:






Then I am posting some videos (nothing great to speak in the name of truth) with some of the infinite posibilities of sandblasting and different examples of sandblasting machines depending on the material applied. And this are just few examples:

Metal:


Jeans:



Glass:



No comments: